Society Handover Packs
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE HANDOVER PACK DEADLINE IS WEDNESDAY WEEK 3 TERM 3, AND ELECTIONS NEED TO BE COMPLETED BEFORE WEEK 9 OF TERM 2.
Welcome new Execs!
Each new exec is asked to complete a handover pack so we can formally register your Society for the upcoming year.
Please note this is for society execs, not sports club execs!
Please click here to download the pack
Please click here for a guide to completing the pack
As of the academic year 2022/23 the SU requires proof of election from each society. If you have run your election through the SU website (see more here: https://www.warwicksu.com/student-voice/elections/socs-and-sports-elections/) then you do not need to provide further proof of election. If you have run your election online but externally to the SU, or in person, then please provide the following:
- The format / site used for election (e.g. paper ballots, Google Forms etc.) and a brief outline of the process used to nominate candidates and collect votes.
- List of positions up for election & successful candidates
- Timeline of election: dates of announcement to members (with at least 7 days' notice for voting), dates of nomination window (at least 7 days) and voting (if online, at least 48 hours).
- Minutes of any meeting/voting.
- *If in a teams call or equivalent, you could alternatively provide a recording or transcript of the meeting.
- Please include the number of votes cast for each candidate in the minutes.
See an example 'proof of election' document here.
See a guide to minuting a Society meeting here.
It is mandatory we receive a completed pack, otherwise you won't be formally recognised as a Society, meaning you won't have a stand at Societies Fair or a page on the SU website amongst other things.
Please send completed packs to email@example.com
Once we have your pack, we will update the system with your Presidents membership (note your President must have membership to the society). Once we have them on the system, it means they will be able to use the online finance system (SGF) and your record will eventually appear on your end of year HEAR report. Please note it is the Presidents responsibility to add on the other Exec members once they also have membership, this will need doing after elections, and again after 1st September once membership has renewed for the next academic year.
Reminder: The system resets every academic year, meaning you will need to repurchase society membership when the new academic year starts. We will go through and update the sytem again, but please bear with us, as we have to update the system manually.
If you have any questions, please read through the guide or contact us if it's still not clear at firstname.lastname@example.org.