We run weekly activities, hold regular socials, termly camps and participate in national Student Scout and Guide Organisation (SSAGO) events. On top of that, we also connect student volunteers to local units in need of leaders and provide any additional support.
We endeavour to do as many fun, new things as possible (like tomahawk throwing)! We also enjoy revisiting some of our old favourite activities and having a laugh (wide games, silly crafts).
We usually meet on Wednesdays from 5-7pm, though if you can't make that time, we hold socials and events (such as pub crawls, meals and campfires) on different days.
Coming up in weeks 1-3:
- Campus scavenger hunt - get to know both campus and the society.
- Volunteering social - exchange ideas and experience with other student volunteers.
- Walk to Kenilworth - easy walk from campus to the nearby town of Kenilworth.
- Campfire with optional camping - introductory camp for camping beginners and experts alike. Outdoor skills, food and campfire.
- Pizza quiz - a pub quiz with the "pub" replaced by "pizza".
Take a look at our programme to see everything we’re doing this term!
Camps, Joint Events and National Events
You don't have to go camping if you join the society, but it's something we do as much as possible! We organise one short camp or indoors residential every term. In addition to these, we take part in joint camps with other SSAGO clubs in the Midlands such as Birmingham, Leicester and Wolverhampton.
We're affiliated to the Student Scout and Guide Organisation (SSAGO), which connects similar clubs to ours through three national camps (rallies) and one ball every academic year.
Have you previously volunteered with a Guide or Scout unit and want to continue when you go to University? Are you looking for a fun, flexible volunteering role that counts towards Duke of Edinburgh Awards and looks great on a CV?
Warwick Scouts & Guides coordinates all student volunteering with Scouting and Guiding on behalf of Warwick Volunteers. We help place potential volunteers with local units and supply extra help for one-off Guiding or Scouting events. All our student volunteers are also offered any support and training they need.
As a member of the society you will receive:
- A placement in a local unit at a time and place that suits you
- Support from our Scout and Guide Liaison Officers
- Opportunities to get involved at a division or county level
- Eligibility for accredited Warwick Volunteers Certificates
Membership is completely free, so what are you waiting for?