Visit our website at www.warwickrag.com!
Warwick RAG (Raising and Giving)
Welcome to Warwick RAG!
We are the primary student-led charitable society at the University of Warwick, raising around £400,000 for various causes every year. A famous name, RAG is consistently one of the largest societies on campus, with a membership of over 1000 students from a wide variety of backgrounds. We offer our members the chance to engage in a diverse range of exciting activities, including challenge events, raids (street collections), domestic and international volunteering opportunities, one-off events and a crazy social calendar.
In the 2017/18 year Warwick RAG will be offering a number of international and domestic challenges:
- Climbing Kilimanjaro – in aid of Meningitis Research Foundation
- Trekking across the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu – in aid of Action Against Hunger
- Trek to Everest Base Camp - in aid of AiDS Orphan
- Build a playground and trek through the jungle to visit silverback gorillas in Uganda - in aid of East African Playgrounds
- Running the Bilbao Night Marathon - in aid of The Childrens Society
- Cycling from London to Paris – in aid of Breast Cancer Now
- Release your inner Bear Grylls with Survival Island - in aid of Movember
- Trek the highest mountains in England, Scotland and Wales on the Three Peaks - in aid of Meningitis Research Foundation
- Jump out of a plane for a skydive - in aid of Guide Dogs UK
Alternatively, you can support causes closer to home by participating in raids and local volunteering opportunities that are extremely rewarding, or get involved in the many events that take place on campus, including the mighty RAG Week. At the very least, come to one of our socials; there is something for everyone - whether it be an outrageous bar-crawl, or an entertaining laser-tag - and certainly come to the mayhem that is RAG Adoptions.
On top of all of that, we’re free to join!
If any of that sounds like your kind of thing, find out more about how you can get involved!
Any questions? We like inquisitive folk. Contact us today.
President: Grace Thomson
Vice President: Hattie Webb
Secretary: Max Johnson
Treasurer: Ginny Rose
Outreach Officer: Hannah Grennan
Challenges Officers: Jay Baycroft & Luke Hardcastle
Events Officers: Anastasia Arutyunyan & Hannah McAloone
Volunteering Officers: Elena Lopez & Chloe Palmer
Raids Officer: Chloe Boehm
Social Secretaries: Elizabeth Buhl & Tina Kondouli
Marketing Officers: Sophie Kean & Chris Slee
Design Officer: Stephen Barrett
Webmaster: Christina Kambani