Welcome to Warwick University Snooker and Billiards Club, or WUSBC! One of the most successful sports clubs on campus, we are a friendly and welcoming club that caters for players of all ability. We run regular Wednesday sessions, tournaments, events, socials, competitions and compete in inter-university snooker tournaments including the infamous four-day BUCS National Championships where WUSBC claimed the tiltle in 2019.
COVID-19 safety measures
- You must wear a face covering when in the snooker room (unless you have a disability or long term physical or mental health condition that prevents you from doing so). You can take your face mask off when playing. Click here for more details.
- Members MUST NOT access or leave the snooker room by going through The Dirty Duck Pub. Instead, the room should be accessed via the Whitefield staircase. Any members found to have violated this rule will not only face a suspended membership, the entire WUSBC will also be banned by the SU from using the snooker room.
- In order to use the snooker tables, members must make bookings through our online booking website, they must be made 12 hours before the booking. You must include names and student IDs of ALL table users when booking online. Execs will be checking during the day and a steward will also be checking after 6pm. You will not be allowed in if you have not provided all the information when booking online.
- To attend Wednesday session/tournaments, members must sign up on our SU website in advance.
- Maximum of 2 people per table and 6 in total in the snooker room is allowed.
- Use the provided disinfectant wipes to clean cues and tables before and after use.
- Door and windows should be kept open to ensure sufficient ventilation.
- Booking sessions should end at 5 mins before the hour and starts 5 minutes past the hour to eliminate the need to wait for tables.
Tables on Campus
We have two full-sized snooker tables in our campus snooker room known as the 'Campus Crucible'. The room is located in the SU building above The Dirty Duck pub. You can use the room to practice any day of the week during term time (opening times listed below) but members MUST make bookings through our online booking website in order to use the tables due to new COVID-19 restrictions.
You must be a member to access the room since there is a card access lock on the door. You can gain access by simply touching your University ID card to the keypad next to the door. Note that it will take up to 2-3 working days after you join for your card to work with our system. If it takes any longer than this, get in touch and we’ll help you out!
Due to new COVID-19 restrictions, members MUST NOT access or leave the snooker room by going through The Dirty Duck Pub. Instead, the room should be accessed via the Whitefield staircase as shown by the image below. There is also a guide of how to get to the room at the end of the video at the top of this page! This must be strictly followed to allow the track and trace system to work effectively. Any members found to have violated this rule will not only face a suspended membership, the entire WUSBC will also be banned by the SU from using the snooker room.
Room opening hours
|Weekends & Bank Holidays
|Weekends & Bank Holidays
During the year, we regularly run events for all members. Whether you’re looking to compete against other members, play a casual game with other snooker enthusiasts or have an exciting night out on one of our socials, we’re sure you’ll enjoy all we have to offer!
We are run Wednesday sessions for anyone who is a member of the club, novice or pro! Even if you haven't played before, come along to one of our sessions to get to know the exec, other players and how one of the most inclusive clubs on campus is run! Our Wednesday Sessions are held from 2-5pm, please sign up at the bottom of this page so that we can control the number of participants to ensure sessions can take place safely.
We also run internal competitions allowing any of our members to try their hand at some competitive play. They range from the fast-paced Snooker Shootout to the slower-paced Enstone Billiards Championship. We also have two competitions which run through multiple terms, namely the League and Knockout Cup. There will be an email sent at least a week in advance of any competition starting, with details of how to sign up, entry fees (£2/3) and how to get involved! The schedule for this year can be found [here] on our website!
If you have any questions about either the Wednesday Sessions or Competitions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org with the title "Wednesday Session" or "Competitions".
When you’ve had enough snooker for the day (which can’t happen by our reckoning…) we run socials both on and off-campus during the year, including our infamous Pub Snooker Big Break social! As ever, drinkers and non-drinkers alike are welcome to our socials and meals out throughout the year!
BUCS & Trials
We will hold our first set of trials in Term 1 and players who make the cut will have the opportunity to represent the university at a number of inter-university tournaments, including the annual BUCS tournament – a four-day nationwide snooker tournament which caters for all players. As in previous years, we will take 3 teams to BUCS so there are plenty of places up for grabs!
Don’t worry if you can’t make the initial trials as we will hold another set in term 2!
We claimed the title of BUCS Champions in 2019 and Sheffield Star Cup Champions in 2018 and perform consistently well in inter-university competitions.
Don’t be put off, however, as we welcome all standards of players at the club. With regular practice, you too could be representing the University in one of our 3 teams! As well as BUCS, we host the Midlands Cup every year. Last year both our First and Second teams were runners-up in the Midlands Cup Championship and Trophy respectively.
To maintain the current standard of our two tables on campus, WUSBC are implementing a maintenance fee of £5-£10 for all members of the club. This money will go towards the necessary maintenance each table requires each year, which is either a re-cloth or re-stretch (per year this usually costs us around £700). This will go live during week 3 and needs to be paid by the start of Term 2. If not we will remove door access for members who have not paid the maintenance fee.
We are implementing this fee with regret, and our hand has really been forced by the SU, who have slashed our budget significantly due to COVID-19. But still, £16 for table access all year round is a massive bargain!
To join, just purchase your £6 membership by following the link below. Welcome to Warwick University Snooker and Billiards Club, we look forward to seeing you!