We won Most Improved Club of the Year for 2017/18 but we are not resting on our laurels, this year there will be more sessions, competitions and socials than ever before! This really is the best time to be joining our club. At WURC you will receive one-on-one support for all the disciplines we offer, as well as invites to training weekends and a whole host of exciting events including the British Young Shooters Association Weekends, Clay Pigeon Outings, Charity Air Rifle Sessions and Warwick University Martial Arts and Target Sports Socials, plus much more. Just come along to our taster sessions or contact us on Facebook/email to find out more.
- The club uses a range of .22 calibre rifles on a 25-yard indoor range. We can also cater for air weapons and any firearms for which there is a significant amount of interest. We also have full-bore days.
- All current students, staff and alumni are welcome to join us.
- There are no skill level restrictions - we welcome both beginners and experienced shooters.
- We are an off-campus sports club.
- The best way to keep in contact with us is through our Facebook group, findable from our page @warwickurc.
- Club shooting sessions are every Saturday from 12 pm - 4 pm during term time, unless otherwise stated on this website and our Facebook page.
- Each shoot has a range fee of £4 for non-drivers and £3 for drivers.
- The pick-up and drop-off point for shooting sessions is on-campus at the Piazza.
- All fees must be made in cash at the club, they go directly to Solihull Rifle and Pistol Club.
- Clay Pigeon Shooting:
- We will be running termly or bi-termly clay pigeon sessions for those who are interested at our partnered ground Honesberie Shooting school,
- This is more expensive that rifle around £60 per person depending on the number of people in attendence,
- We aim to have at least 6 people (including 2 drivers) in each session which are fully coached by instructors at Honesberie,
- In previous years we have competed in BUCS Clays which also offers very good value for money in terms of number of clays shot.
- Our home club is Solihull Rifle and Pistol Club, it has a 25yard indoor range and an extensive covered air rifle range. There is also a large club room with tables and chairs, toilets and free parking.
- Ammunition costs begin at £5 for 50 rounds of .22 calibre, this will generally last for two sessions or more. Competition targets cost 15p, smaller targets are also available. Air rifle incurs a small charge.
- All purchased ammunition is stored at the club.
- Food and Beverages are available at the club for a small cost.
- The club is an indoor range however warm appropriate clothing is advised.
- The club welcomes drivers with their own vehicles and will reimburse them their fuel costs.
- We run regular socials and events, as well as getting involved with charity fundraisers and team Warwick programmes.
- There are several competitions running throughout the year, including BUCS, County, and home/away matches over multiple disciplines. We are also excited to be working towards a variety of competition this year.
- Senior club members (both of WURC and Solihull RPC) provide coaching, advice and support free of charge. We also have experienced external coaches for one-off sessions.
TERM 1 WEEKS 0-10
24th September Sports Fair
27th September Sports Day Air Rifle Taster, Westwood Games Hall 1-2pm, Sign up on SU page.
5th October Taster Session at Solihull RPC, 12-4pm, Sign up on SU page
9th October Competition Trials at Solihull RPC 12-3pm Sign up on SU page
12th October Taster Session at Solihull RPC, 12-4pm, Sign up on SU page
16th October Competition Trials at Solihull RPC 12-3pm Sign up on SU page
16th October WUMATS Pop Circle Week 3 Tickets on sale on SU website
19th October Session One 12-4pm at Solihull RPC, Sign up on SU page
Weekly Sessions will continue from the 19th of October every Saturday from 12 pm - 4 pm, meeting at the Piazza on campus. You will have to sign up to attend a weekly session as places are limited though we will make every effort to get you shooting. There is team training on Wednesday Afternoons at 12 pm - 3 pm for those shooting in BUCS or other Small-Bore postal competitions.
Please don't hesitate to contact us by email or Facebook. Sign up to our Facebook group for the most up to date information. We are also on Instagram and Twitter so follow us to see what's happening.
Social Media: @WarwickURC
President Cameron McKenzie
Rifle Captain Alex Woodsford
Clays Captain Ben Somner-Bogard
Social Secretary Phillip Sheffield
Quartermaster Luka Vignjevic
Club Secretary Liz Deng
Treasurer Alex Woodford