Thanks for logging in to WarwickSU.com. Please take a few moments to complete your profile.
More pages pages in this section
Warwick Language Society is a society that celebrates the international diversity on campus and gives you the opportunity to practise/learn languages, and deepen your knowledge and appreciation of the vast number of cultures around the world.
Whether you are a home, Erasmus or international student, our society is open to everyone.
We mainly do:
- Language Cafés every fortnight. There are informal get-togethers where you'll have the opportunity to practise the language of your choice while meeting people from all over the world. We offer the following language tables: German, French, Spanish, Italian, English, Chinese, Japanese, Portuguese.
- Buddy Scheme: be matched up with someone who is native/fluent in the language you wish to learn, as long as you are native/fluent in the language they wish to learn. Meet up in your own time, ask them any questions about their language, their culture, their country; have a personal connection to the culture attached to the language you are trying to learn.
- Mentor Scheme: if you are a newly (to-be) arrived student and you have questions about life in the UK or at Warwick specifically, or would like a person of contact upon arrival, we will try to match a group of incoming international students with a current student so that it isn't quite so daunting and all your questions can hopefully be answered.
- Free Language Classes: Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced levels. Timetables will be distributed at the beginning of each term, and if you would like to teach a weekly lesson then message us on Facebook or talk to any of the exec at any of the socials.
We also do:
- Weekly socials, including: POP!, bar crawls, pub quizzes, film nights, Birmingham Christmas markets and much more!
- Weekend trips to parts of the UK.
- Tours to further and beyond.
Click this link to like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/WarwickLanguageSociety/
Sign up for everything at the Freshers Fair! It's best to contact us through the Facebook page. We hope to see you all very soon!
Current students should purchase the Warwick Language Society Standard Membership below.