Warwick Language Society celebrates the international diversity on campus and gives you the opportunity to practice/learn languages and deepen your knowledge and appreciation of the vast number of cultures around the world.
Whether you are a home, Erasmus, or international student, our society is open to everyone!
We mainly do:
- Language Cafés: every fortnight. They are our informal get-togethers where you'll have the opportunity to practice the language of your choice while meeting people from all over the world.
- Buddy Scheme: be matched up with someone who is native/fluent in the language you wish to learn, as long as you are native/fluent in the language they want to learn. Meet up in your own time, ask them any questions about their language, culture, or country; have a personal connection to the culture attached to the language you are trying to learn.
- Mentor Scheme: if you are a newly (to-be) arrived student, and you have questions about life in the UK or at Warwick specifically, or would like a person of contact upon arrival, we will try to match a group of incoming international students with a current student so that it isn't quite so daunting and all your questions can hopefully be answered.
- Free Language Classes: Beginner and Intermediate levels. In-person and online. Weekly class timetables will be distributed at the beginning of each week on our social media. If you would like to teach a weekly lesson, please apply HERE.
We also do:
- Weekly socials, including POP!, bar crawls, pub quizzes, film nights, Birmingham Christmas markets, and much more!
- Weekend trips to parts of the UK.
- Tours to further and beyond.
Click this link to like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/WarwickLanguageSociety/
Sign up for everything at the Freshers Fair!
We hope to see you all very soon!