- Expand the SU’s Peer Led scheme to allow students to provide employability training to sports club and society exec members
- Reduce the cost of joining sports clubs and societies to enable more students to benefit from the skills and experiences gained from participating in their activities
- Ensure society and sports club exec members, student-staff members and elected representatives are effectively trained and know how to utilise the skills they obtain
- Provide regular training to welfare officers, including the opportunity to undertake Mental Health First Aid training
- Work with the Student Opportunity department to help shape the University’s new employability offer
- Include training session attendance on HEAR transcripts
- Organise an alternative careers fair
23/09/2019 - Delivered a presentation to new students as part of the Welcome Week programme to inform them of the employability benefits of getting involved with the SU.
01/10/2019 - Delivered welfare training to society exec members at Societies Forum.
08/10/2019 - Obtained funding to begin a Student Trainers scheme in collaboration with the University to deliver leadership training to sports club and society exec members.
20/11/2019 - Presented a plan to improve the flexibility of industrial placements within courses to University Council.