- Lobby the university to sign onto the NUS ‘Responsible Futures’ initiative and collaborate with the university to enact this.
- Increase the number of vegan and vegetarian options on campus.
- Increase the percentage of waste recycled within university accommodation.
- Increase society and club engagement with environmental sustainability work.
- Reduce the amount of needless leaflet waste.
- Reduce the amount of food waste produced on campus.
- Lobby the university to introduce food waste bins on campus.
- Lobby the university to increase the number of electric vehicle charging points.
- Move up a level on Green Impact.
- Move up the Green League.
01/09/2019 - Signed onto the NUS pilot scheme, ‘Recycle League’.
01/10/2019 - Introduced sustainability training at the societies’ exec training.
15/10/2019 - Completed plan for introducing the NUS scheme 'Responsible Futures' at Warwick, which seeks to embed sustainability and social responsibility in the curriculum; to be pitched at the University Education Exec.
04/11/2019 - Pushed Rootes Grocery Store to expand their range of vegan sandwiches and introduce a vegan sausage roll.
05/11/2019 - Received verbal assurance that the University will be divesting fully from fossil fuels and moving towards ethical reinvestment in Term 2.
08/11/2019 - Launched SocsMark, which includes an award for 'Environment and Community' work, encouraging every society to operate sustainably.
14/11/2019 - Secured two student places on the University's new 'Climate Emergency Taskforce'.
16/11/2019 - Agreed to host the Term 2 trial launch of the Warwick Cup scheme in Curiositea, with the aim to drastically reduce our reliance on single-use coffee cups.
27/11/2019 - SU staff are using Ecosia as a search engine, which uses ad revenue to plant trees.
29/11/2019 - Hosted a Climate Emergency Briefing and Q&A panel in Copper Rooms 2 before supporting the march to University House to mark the Global Climate Strike action day. 'Heading For Extinction (and what to do about it)' was later screened in The Graduate.
10/01/2020 - Launched 'The Green Hub' on the SU website, allowing students to see all our environmental campaigns, news and relevant societies in one place, as well as all the information regarding the SU's own environmental footprint.