- Increase voter turnout in the Autumn and Spring Elections.
- Increase online engagement with social media posts by improving the quality, relevance and relatability of the content produced.
- Better communicate SU “wins”.
- Complete the review of SU Democracy to make it more accessible and relevant to every member of our community
- Review our Part-Time Officer positions, so that all of our communities are represented.
- Create a new branch of societies, named ‘Associations’, so that all of our communities are supported and welcomed.
- Ensure that representing and supporting students of all types is worked into our SU strategy.
- Conduct research into non-traditional students to see in what ways we can be supporting them more.
16/10/2019 - Trustee Board received report on 'Alternative Pathways', i.e. students following non-traditional pathways in education, such as degree apprenticeships.
21/10/2019 - Saw record-breaking turnout in the SU Autumn Elections.
21/11/2019 - Uploaded 'Officer Wins' onto the digital screens around SU buildings.
01/01/2020 - Roughly doubled online impressions and engagement with SU Instagram content since 2018. (Impressions increased from 421,999 to 1,077,491; engagements increased from 7,449 to 11,000.)
16/01/2020 - Uploaded the Officer 'Priority Tracker' onto the SU website, increasing transparency and Officer accountability.
30/01/2020 - Kickstarted student consultation for the Democracy Review.
28/05/2020 - Democracy Review completed, ready to be voted on in the first Student Council of the 2020/21 academic year.
09/06/2020 - Implementation plan for 'Associations' went to Student Council for feedback. Consultation to be undertaken over the summer, ahead of implementation at the start of the 2020/21 academic year.
17/06/2020-19/06/2020 - Hosted our first ever (virtual) Union Awards, celebrating the brilliant achievements of our members.