Top Tips for Academic Success
Hopefully you’ll love your degree, but we know that sometimes they can be hard, so here’s a quick guide to help you survive first year and beyond.
- Join your Academic Society! They’re full of people on your course that can give advice, and many run mentoring schemes.
- Keep on top of your reading – Don’t let it all pile up or it will feel unmanageable.
- Keep reviewing your notes: it makes revision much easier at the end of the year.
- Make use of your lecturers’ office hours – this is your chance for one-to-one time, make use of it, that’s why they’re there.
- ASK QUESTIONS – Seminars, labs and tutorials are the place to question everything, so do! Debate with your colleagues and quiz the tutor.
- Make your views heard! If you are given an opportunity to give feedback – give it!
- Join the SSLC – the Student-Staff Liaison Committees allow you to make changes to your course directly, run in the elections to represent your course at the start of Term 1.
- Eat well - It’s tempting to live off toast and Pot Noodles, but don’t, the food we eat plays a big part in our health and wellbeing.
- Exercise! There’s loads of clubs, teams and classes on at Warwick Sport.
- Enjoy it! Your degree only lasts a few years, so love every moment before it’s over.
If you need any advice or help, you can get in touch with: