Vice President for Sports
Hi, I’m Emma and I’m your Vice President for Sports this year. I’m passionate about giving all students a voice on campus to target the issues that really matter. Sport has been central to my own university experience, and I am committed to ensuring that sport is accessible to all and continues to play an important role in many students' university experiences.
Law with Social Sciences
Fun fact about me:
I am a massive racket sports fan and I even once beat a Nottingham player.
My role and what I hope to achieve this year:
As Vice President for Sports, my role is to be a voice for sporting members at the university and tackle the issues they care about. Given this, I plan to have regular communication with club presidents and execs and have termly meetings with all presidents to fully understand their needs.
I plan to lead change to make the Warwick sporting community an enjoyable and affordable part of university life. Just a few of my aims:
- Reviewing the effectiveness of the current report and support system, ensuring victims are heard and that sanctions are enforced against clubs/individuals who have shown discrimination.
- Working with welfare to provide mental health support to students in sport to help combat sport-related stress.
- Working with the environment officer to produce monthly sustainability challenges and goals for clubs.
- Establishing an annual large-scale charity 24-hour event in the sports hub for all clubs to be involved in.
- Promoting the new website, showing live BUCS results, sporting achievements, and using it to coordinate Varsity and host live streams of matches.
- Reducing the cost of sport for widening participation among students and continued discussions with university leadership about Club Pass prices and monthly sporting memberships.
The Vice President for Sports 's office is on the first floor of SUHQ.
024 765 72777