The elected SU Course Reps are here to act on your feedback and advocate for your learning experience. Here's what your Course Reps have achieved in recent months, including some fantastic wins!
The elected SU Course Reps are here to act on your feedback and advocate for your learning experience.
Here's what your Course Reps have achieved in recent months, including some fantastic wins!
Course Reps supporting Medicine
- Helped deliver the fastest medical student deployment in the UK, one of the quickest returns to placement and one of the most comprehensive programmes of public support.
- Proactive in supporting NHS services with vaccination and mass testing.
- Had a huge impact on students, staff, the regional NHS and the public.
Course Reps supporting Applied Engineering
- The Course Reps put forward and deployed a WMG Staff recognition initiative, which recognises the lecturers who had the most impact on the apprentices’ learning experience.
Course Reps supporting Law
- Ensured that students’ academic and wellbeing concerns were represented at official committees.
- Helped students to organise student surveys and conduct focus groups.
- Refined exam procedures.
- Created online study spaces.
- Improved the NSS response rates.
Course Reps supporting Philosophy
- Secured changes to the Philosophy exam format (a 24hr window) to make exams less stressful.
- Ran Exam and Essay Guide sessions and Mitigating Circumstances sessions.
- Ensured Personal Tutors received more pastoral training.
- Collaborated with PhilSoc to begin creating an Essay Bank.
- Ensured that Black students were given a voice by inviting a rep from the Black Voices Network to attend every meeting.
- Helped secure positive changes to the self-certification system.
Course Reps Supporting PPE
- The Course Reps have used their social media channels to educate PPE students on everything related to the course, which includes: pathways, essay writing, productivity tips, dissertation advice and more.
Not sure who your Course Rep is or what they do? Find out more about your Course Reps and Academic Representation on this page.