**It's Week 6! Weekly update from your Full-time Officers**
The past few weeks have been super busy over at the SU, as we continue lobbying and working with the University to deliver the best for students, whilst getting prepared for this year’s fully-online Spring Elections! Be sure to vote for your next SU Officer Team from next Monday, and join us for Question Time this evening and tomorrow evening, both at 5pm. As ever, though, if you have any thoughts/suggestions/comments, please do drop any of the Officers an email, or comment on this post!
What we’ve been up to this week
- Lobbied for two more self-certification opportunities for all students.
- Raised issues surrounding PGR funding extensions.
- Starting a review of the Sports Federation Fee model with a view to allowing clubs to set their own fees.
- In discussions for free student subscriptions to a wellness and workout platform.
- Continuing the Sports Partnership Review – using student consultation to shape how we deliver club sport at Warwick.
- Highlighted the need for a reopened IT Support Fund at WP Committee.
- Working with the Black Students Demands organisers on the response from the university. Reviewing campus security policies and procedures and ensuring student consultation on new uniforms.
- Continuing to fight for a comprehensive no detriment policy.
- Working with the university on their continued extensions policy.
- Raised issues surrounding access to Wellbeing Support Services, and pushing for publishing of waiting times.
- Continued to push for more study space to be opened on campus.
- Took part in Good Night Out training, along with many SU colleagues, to better equip us to deal with disclosures of sexual misconduct.
- Lobbied for more financial support for international students, following the Government’s announcement of more hardship funding for universities.
- Getting ready for Spring Elections!
What we’ve achieved/won this week
- Two self-certification opportunities for students
- ?Started conversations on how to embed sustainability in the curriculum through the upcoming curriculum review
Remember, you can contact any of your SU Officers at:
Luke Mepham (President)
Megan Clarke (Education Officer)
Izzy Bourne (Welfare Officer)
Shingai Dzumbira (Postgraduate Officer)
Akosua Sefah (Democracy & Development Officer)
Olly Barron (Societies Officer)
Charlotte Lloyd (Sports Officer)