Did you know that a third of all food produced globally is thrown away? It takes water, energy, fuel and packaging to produce the food we all love and buy. Does it really belong in the bin?
Follow our simple tips below to reduce the amount of food waste you create. Want to know more? Check out the Love Food Hate Waste website for more tips and resources on how to reduce your food waste!
Tip 3: Freeze The Rest
- Cook and freeze your surplus food! This will save time and it will still be great when you need it.
- Learn more about what foods you can freeze with this Love Food Hate Waste article.
Tip 4: Go 1 Step Further
- RAWKUS student and staff volunteers organise an end-of-term food & kitchen equipment collection. Get involved and help out!
- You can donate food for distribution through local foodbanks via the donation point in Rootes Grocery Store.
- Learn more about avoiding food waste with Too Goo To Go and Love Food Hate Waste.
- Encourage your housemates to reduce their food waste too by printing our campaign poster and sticking it up in your kitchen!