Introductory Role Playing Game (RPG) One-Shots [WELCOME WEEK]
Event from Tabletop Games and Roleplaying Society
Sat 02 October 2021 12:00-18:00
02/10/2021, 12:00 - 02/10/2021, 18:00
Saturday 02 October 2021, 12.00PM - Saturday 02 October 2021, 6.00PM
Room Allocation to be Released by Tabletop Games & Role Playing Society
Go back to Events List
Sign-up on our website here!
This is the listing for our IN-PERSON version of this event - we are also holding an online version organised via our Discord server! This is listed as a separate event on the Welcome Week Calendar
Dungeons and Dragons (D&D) is perhaps the most popular Tabletop Roleplaying Game (RPG) of all time. If you have ever been interested in trying out RPGs, including D&D, this is your chance! Tabletop RPGs are something of a precursor to modern-day videogames, where a group of friends gather around a table to experience and interact with a thrilling story devised by a Dungeon Master (DM). The DM for the group will guide the players through a story they themselves created, whilst facilitating any interactions they wish to make with the world within the story.
This session is a "one-shot" - in other words, a one off, self-contained story is told in each game. Our typical sessions are "campaigns" - where the story continues over many sessions/weeks over the year. As such, this is by far the best chance to try an RPG without an extended commitment. All you need is a good imagination - complete newcomers are very welcome! Your DM will be able to guide you through how to play.
Various games will be running so there will be something for everyone. Genres played in the past year include fantasy, Star Wars, cyberpunk, Weird West (wild west, with demons and magic), superheroes and much more besides. You must sign up for the main event on our website, which will then allow you to sign up for individual games in small groups (of usually 4-6 players + a GM) as they become available closer to the time! If you do not sign up on our website, you cannot take part.
The majority of games will be taking place on campus (this requires you to follow our in-person event rules, see below), but we will run some games which are online-only for those that cannot make it to campus, or who do not wish to/cannot attend in-person sessions.
If you wish to attend our in-person events, you must abide by the following rules or you will be asked to leave:
- We will be mandating that masks are worn by all participants along with social distancing in accordance with government advice. If you do not wear a mask, if you do not abide by social distancing rules, and/or if you do not practise proper sanitation, you will be told to leave our event.
- If you feel ill or are displaying any COVID-19 symptoms, please stay at home. We won't be chasing you up if you miss your session or anything like that - we'd much rather you got better and didn't infect anyone else! Plus, we are offering online versions of all of our events (except LARP), so you won't be missing out.
- We ask that you wash and sanitise your hands before, during and after your play session. We will endeavour to provide hand sanitiser as well as disposable gloves if you would like to wear those while playing. Furthermore, we ask you not to eat during your play session.
- Tables will be sanitised after people have finished playing on them, ready for new players to sit down and play.
- If you sign up to this event, you are agreeing to abide by all the rules we set out above, and our Code of Conduct (https://www.warwicktabletop.co.uk/page/codeofconduct/) . Do not sign up if you do not agree with them.