UWBC Spring Tournament
Event from Badminton
Sat 04 March 2023 09:00-15:00
04/03/2023, 09:00 - 04/03/2023, 15:00
Saturday 04 March 2023, 9.00AM - Saturday 04 March 2023, 3.00PM
Sports Hub Zone C
£5.00 (Men's Singles)
£5.00 (Women's Singles)
£5.00 (Men's Doubles)
£5.00 (Women's Doubles)
£5.00 (Mixed Doubles)
Please log in to buy tickets.
Go back to Events List
The annual Warwick University Spring Badminton tournament, sponsored by YC Sports, is back this year on Saturday 4th March 2023. This event is open to university staff, students, alumni, and the general public provided you fulfil the below entry criteria. With all 5 disciplines being played with feather shuttles it provides a perfect opportunity for some competitive play.
This event will be played at the Sports and Wellness Hub on the University’s campus, with prizes available for the winners and runners up. At £5 per discipline, it proves excellent value for money too.
Entries Close: 12:00 Monday 27th February 2023
To be eligible to play you MUST meet all the following criteria:
- Played 1 or less BUCS Badminton Matches in the 2022/23 season AND
- Not played any Badminton England Tournaments in the 2022/23 season AND
- Played 1 or less matches in the following Coventry Badminton Leagues:
- Men’s Division 4 or higher
- Women’s Division 1 or higher
- Mixed Division 2 or higher
- Alumni must have never played a BUCS Badminton Match
Due to the limited space and time each event is limited to the following capacities* and a first come first served policy will be in place:
- Men’s Singles – 18 Players
- Women’s Singles – 6 Players
- Men’s Doubles – 18 Pairs
- Women’s Doubles – 6 Pairs
- Mixed Doubles – 18 Pairs
*subject to change depending on how entries progress
All events will be played in groups with a knockout stage if there is more than one group in an event.
Unless stated after the closing date, all events shall be played with Rally Points Scoring and will be one game to 21 points with no setting during the group stage, with setting in the knockouts and best of 3 games with setting in the semi-finals and finals.
The current forecast is for the start times for each discipline to be as follows:
- Men’s Singles – 9:00am
- Women’s Singles – 9:45am
- Men’s Doubles* – 10:30am
- Women’s Doubles* – 11:15am
- Mixed Doubles* – TBC (Not Before 12:00noon)
*subject to change. This is the earliest expected start.
For further details please contact the tournament organiser, David Jolliffe, at