Vice President for Postgraduate
Hi, I'm Hamza and I'm your Vice President for Postgraduates. It is my responsibility to
represent over 40% of
Postgraduate and PhD students. I will be working to fight against the marketisation of our education system and to
challenge the exploitation of our postgraduate students.
Course: Course Social and Political Thought
Fun fact about me: My appendix was removed when I was young
My role and what I hope to achieve this year:
My role is to focus on improving the academic and working conditions for Postgraduate at Warwick. The government
have made it difficult for postgrads to navigate the Higher Education system and the University have enabled this.
My role is to ensure postgraduate students are supported and valued and their harsh conditions are fought against.
My main priorities (though in no particular order) are as follows.
- Work with UCU for better pay and working conditions for postgrads that are employed by the University.
- Fight for scholarships for student refugees and asylum seekers.
- Gain financial support for international students that offset rising NHS surcharge fees.
- Launch an anti-surveillance campaign to resist the continued securitization of students and staff on campus.
- Conference grants for postgraduate students.
- Work alongside other officers on a demilitarized education campaign.
- To push the University to improve the support and transition provided to all postgraduate students to help
better prepare them for their studies as well as ensure they feel safe within social spaces.
- Better support for students who are child carers. This includes an improved support package that help supports
the cost of childcare.
Most importantly, I want to speak to you. I believe in collective organising and taking action against the
marketisation of our education system. An individual cannot achieve this alone. Whilst being in some sort of
position of power, I will work closely with all of you to fight and lay down the conditions that allow for
academic and social experience whilst you're here at Warwick.
The Vice President for Postgraduate's office is on the first floor of SUHQ.
024 765 72777
The election for this role takes place during our Spring Elections in term 2. You can find out more about this role
and the others available by visiting our elections webpages.
Find out more about SU elections
View my manifesto
my vote count
Reports from previous officers
- There are no officer reports yet
- There are no archived reports for this year