Hi! I'm Vash (she/her) and currently I am a master’s by research student in physics. I want to create a dynamic postgraduate experience. Together, we can work towards creating a more inclusive and supportive environment for all students to excel in their research and professional development.
Women's Officer for Warwick Chess society 2021/2022
Campaign Coordinator for Vegsoc 2022/2023
Physics Postgraduate Wellbeing rep 2022/2023 Residential community assistant 2022/2023
1. Better working conditions
- Increase the accessibility of postgraduate education: Work to ensure that postgraduate education is more accessible to all students by demanding stipends to match the real living wage.
- I will work to bridge the gap between viewing postgraduates as both students and employees, advocating for fair treatment and resources for postgraduates as both learners and contributors to the university community.
- Ensure postgraduate students have access to the same level of support and resources as undergraduate students, including academic support, career development resources, and mental health services.
- Supporting the strikes of lecturers while working to end the dispute: I stand in solidarity with the lecturers and support their right to strike. At the same time, I recognize the impact that the strikes may have on students. I will work with the university and the striking lecturers to find a resolution to the dispute and minimize the impact on students.
2. Build an inclusive community
- Safer and more inclusive university environment: I will work to increase diversity and inclusion by creating safe spaces for underrepresented groups.
- Create opportunities for postgraduates to connect with one another such as interdisciplinary social events and academic collaborations including study groups.
- Create a mentorship program to allow senior postgraduates to mentor juniors
- Listen to your voice by organising regular meetings to gather feedback and suggestions for improvement
3. Increase affordability of student life
- Demand better pay and well-defined contracts for postgraduates employed by the university by working with UCU.
- Lobby to decrease rent prices.
- Lobby for cheaper food and more halal, kosher and vegan options.