Candidate for the position of LGBTQUA+ Officer
DIXON JUNIOR GAO-CHEUNG (HE/THEY)
DIXON GAO-CHEUNG (HE/THEY)
DIX FOR LGBTQUA+
- Campaigns Officer at Pride,
- Freshers Rep at PLAN,
- Helped raise £2.6k for Gender Expression Fund,
- Development Committee Member,
- 1st Year PPE.
- Exhibiting an array of exciting queer artistic talent!
- A day of live music and performance for the LGBTQUIA+ community to celebrate Pride month.
- Interest from: Aressa, Sunnysidedown, Queezer, Tide, Lemongrass and more!
- Glow should be more than another night at T Bar.
- Bring live music, sexual health freebies and revamp decorations to make Glow special.
BOLSTER THE GENDER EXPRESSION FUND (GEF)
- The GEF provides up to £50 to those in need of gender-affirming items. Rising costs and rising demand require certainty over funding.
- Lobby the University to fund the GEF & make bids to fund an expanded GEF.
- 31% of Warwick LGBTQUIA+ students who go to Wellbeing are concerned staff lack understanding of LGBTQUIA+ issues.
- Establish an LGBTQUIA+ Volunteer Support Scheme to create an accessible support network.