Hi, I am Sidney and I have been one of your Arts Faculty Representatives this last year. In the hope of continuing for a master's I would love to be re-elected to this role for the next academic year.
Who Am I?
I am a History & Politics Finalist and current Arts Faculty Rep. I wish to continue representing Arts Faculty students in my prospective master's year.
I have been greatly involved in academic representation and education matters the last three years at Warwick, and it has shown me that putting students first is difficult but with perseverance, collaboration, and persistent effort we can take steps to improve all our academic and university experiences.
Academic Rep Experience
Arts Faculty Rep 2020-Present: I have had the pleasure to fight for students within our faculty at the highest levels of the faculty and the university, working together with other academic reps to try and make the university listen to student demands through the challenges of this last year.
Chair of SU Education Committee: I have also had the privilege of chairing the SU Education Committee so far this year, focusing on pushing for more safety net measures, mitigation, and an acceptance that students feel ignored. Working with other members we put together the Safety Net and Student Support motion and will keep fighting to ensure that the university takes notice of its students.
Chair of the Joint-Honours History SSLC: I have been a rep since my first year, being Vice-Chair & Secretary last year and now Chair. Being able to help influence the direction of my departments and argue on behalf of students from every level from the course up to university management/Education Executive has shown me how important a consistent student voice is to see any actions taken.
- Continue pushing for greater student involvement in university, faculty, and department decisions regarding our education
- Enhance the role of SSLCs to give them more visibility, power, and influence.
- Enhance the role of Department Reps when they are hopefully rolled out to complement to work of SSLCs and Faculty Reps.
- Put students first in the return to normality, especially over decisions on what to keep or get rid of from our experiences this last year.
- Continue fighting for the university to recognise the needs of students whether over course costs, hardship, wellbeing, and ensuring students get value for money and get the experience they signed up for. All problems that have plagued our last two years, that need addressing.
- To summarise my overall focus – making sure the student voice is heard, acted upon, and treated as a central part of shaping the university to our needs.
If you want all this and much more, a dedicated voice for all students, then please vote to re-elect me at: warwicksu.com/vote