Plain Text Manifesto:
Maurizio Cuttin for Faculty Rep
Hey, my name is Maurizio, I’m 19 and originally from Venezuela. I’m a second year PPL student who’s passionate about human rights and US politics, and aspires to enter the world of diplomacy.
I plan to run on the same three-point pledge I’ve always run on: one centred on integrity and delivering results.
- Listen to Students – when it comes to representation, representatives often tend to forget that the most important thing in any dialogue with an individual is to LISTEN to what they have to say! That’s why I pledge to always be there to hear your concerns, before opening my mouth to talk.
- Make the Curriculum work for you – The job of a Faculty Rep is to work alongside Course Reps to address student concerns over the curriculum, or the Social Sciences Faculty as a whole.I will make it my mission to fight for your demands; pushing the reforms necessary to address any issues that may arise, especially with Covid-19 around.
- Engagement – In-order to best represent you, I plan on building closer links between individual SSLCs and the Faculty as a whole; building a proper support structure where issues raised by students can be more effectively relayed, so they can receive the amount of attention they truly deserve, with action on the way.
With me it’s easy, there’s no empty promises, no hidden clauses; just results. It’s quite simple actually, if you want a fighter and a proven leader, who will work to make sure that your demands are heard at the Faculty level, then elect me!
In the numerous roles I’ve had the privilege of serving in, I’ve learnt what it takes to be a good leader. The following roles have also given me opportunities to develop and build upon many skills: notably communication and professionalism, two skills which I think are central to the makings of a good Faculty Rep.
- Former Deputy Member of Youth Parliament for Reading 
- Former Youth Councillor & Democracy Officer [2018-19]
- Interned for Matt Rodda MP [July 2018]
- Former Chief editor of Warwick Congress [2019-20]
- Chair of the PPL SSLC [2020-]
- PPL Student Ambassador [2021-]
As you can see, I’m quite familiar with the task of representing different interests at different levels, and that’s why I think I’m ideally suited to be your next Social Sciences Faculty Rep; so that I can make your voice heard!
- Bilingual (fluent in Spanish and English).
Currently fundraising for Unseen, a charity that focuses on modern slavery.
Interested in swimming & previously certified by the Royal Life Saving Society (RLSS) as a lifeguard with the ability to perform CPR.
Vote for Maurizio!