CHAR 4 SPORTS!
CHAR 4 SPORTS
RAISE THE BAR, VOTE FOR CHAR
- Sports Officer 2019-20
- Ladies Hockey President 2018-19
- Ladies Hockey 2XI Captain 2017-18
- English Schools Cross Country competitor (nationals)
- Final Year History Student
- Increase the funding so we can support the campaign – get it solidified as an SU priority through sabb budget.
- Expanding the portfolio: ‘sporting community leading the way on tackling issues on our campus.’
- Taking advantage of the solidarity Team Warwick showsto lobby the university for social change.
- Working with the PTOs to increase access to sports for those with protected characteristics.
- Listening to communities on their specific issues within sport and working together to tackle these.
- E.g. a buddy system where people can register their interest in a sport and ask for a member of their community to attend with them, or if there is someone already in the club to be an ally.
- Continue lobbying NGBs around trans policies and continue being a voice holding BUCS to account.
- Expand the trans-only sport sessions which started this year.
- Women’s gym hour – building on women’s only swimming.
- Women and non-binary self defenceclasses.
- Raising awareness about language accessibility for international students when joining sports clubs.
- E.g. tactics sessions / verbal training sessions to learn sport terminology.
- Hardship fund for individual sports memberships, fund would contain a minimum £3000 per year.
- Building on the club hardship fund that I introduced this year.
- Finance should not be an obstacle to participation.
- Lobby university for increased BUCS grant.
- Currently overspend every year.
- 2019/20 have had to concede the most walkovers in our history due to transport funding.
- Clubs can’t grow teams, new BUCS sports can’t enter leagues.
- Embarrassing that our facilities are world class but the rest of sport can’t keep up.
- University supports the #TeamWarwick campaign, now they need to invest in it.
- Membership restructure with input from Warwick clubs.
- Gym membership needs an option of termly payments rather than £299 upfront.
- Alongside DDO and SU President lobby areas of the university higher up than Warwick Sport to try and enact change.
- Building on relationships from this year.
FOR CLUB EXECS:
- Restructure Sports Forum – current format is not productive, especially for off-campus clubs.
- Make T2 Forum ‘drop in’ with facilities and operational staff from Warwick Sport.
- Feedback portal for holding Warwick Sport to account for operational issues.
- Go out to tender for a kit provider – contract with Akuma is up.
- Sustainable sports fair using QR codes instead of flyers - building on Varsity and Akuma sustainability.
- Sustainability as element of Sportmark.
- Sportmark - not just one application form at the end of the year, execs can upload achievements throughout the year.
- E.g. Worcester Uni and Wufoo forms.
- Pre-seaso npage for freshers on the Warwick Sport website. Currently hard to find info on individual clubs pre-seasons because they are so club-website specific.
- Will help with recruitment.
- All clubs included.
- Non-BUCS clubs – create a form where they can send in their results so we can shout about them as much as BUCS scores.
- Tried this year to promote them on Instagram but we need an easy system where we can get access to their results, like BUCS provides.
ADDRESSING CLUB CULTURES:
- Address stereotypes surrounding uni culture e.g. alcoholism, peer pressure, sexual violence.
- Warwick Values Moodle – 4000 first years completed it in 2019/20. Work with the team at the unito get sports specific scenarios included. E.g. locker room banter, sport socials.
- BUCS Conference in July – Warwick to lead a sexual violence in sport workshop at National Conference.
- Raising awareness for Report and Support.
- Instances of sexual violence remain anecdotal.
- Anonymous reporting contributes to trends and data so we can highlight where specific clubs need training, workshops or action taken.
- Expand the remit of Report and Support to address hate crime, harassment and discrimination.
- Linking Report and Support to the new BUCS reporting tool so our systems are aligned.
TEAM WARWICK COMMUNITY:
- A way to measure how much Team Warwick clubs raise collectively for charity throughout the year.
- Contactless payments in the Copper Rooms.
- ‘Talk Sport’ Series – workshops on careers in sport, how to balance sport and degree.
- Wheelchair basketball - as a mechanism for injury rehab, staying active but off feet.
- Feasible because of the 4 new wheelchairs purchased this year.
- Physio – Got videos on Warwick Sport website. Get injury-specific group drop in sessions.
- E.g. 4-5pm is a session for people with knee injuries.
facebook @Char4Sports instagram @charlottealloyd_
RAISE THE BAR, VOTE FOR CHAR