Planning and Preparation Time
There are some basic guidelines for planning times for each type of event, with minimum lead times - for submitting your planning pack - as indicated…
- Balls - minimum one term before proposed event
- Conferences - minimum one term before proposed event
- International Tours - minimum one term before travel date
- Domestic Trips - minimum four weeks before travel date
- Productions - minimum four weeks before tickets go on sale
- Smaller events - minimum three weeks before event or ticket sales
However, the SU recommends talking to your Societies/Sports Coordinator at the start of your term as a new Executive to outline your plans for the coming academic year so that all of your proposed activities can be planned in advance, potential clashes with other events can be minimised, and everything can be done more smoothly.
If the total expenditure associated with an event exceeds £5,000 the event must be approved by the SU's Finance & HR Committee - this committee meets approximately every four weeks throughout term-time, so ensure you allow additional time for this stage if your event involves costs at this level.