All Student Vote (Autumn 2019)
Increase Available Study Space
This motion asks your DDO to lobby the University to increase the number of available study spaces by term 3 of the academic year 2019/20
This Union Notes:
This section should include any facts, figures or statements that you believe are relevant to the topic of your policy. Remember in this section clear and effective referencing is important.
- In 2017 46% of UG students cited ‘lack of study space’ as their main concern.
- Student numbers are increasing.
- The old Sports Centre is currently empty.
This Union Believes:
This section should include opinions or supporting statements for your policy.
- That the university should change the old Sports Centre into a study space for students.
- That this change should happen as quickly as possible in order to benefit current students.
- An increased number of study spaces on campus would improve the student experience.
This Union Resolves:
This section should be about how you want the SU to react, the outcome of this policy. Remember to mandate specific departments/sabbatical officers; this will make things easier for future accountability
- To mandate the Democracy and Development Officer to lobby the university to increase the number of available study spaces by term 3 of the academic year 2019/2020.
- To mandate the Democracy and Development Officer to lobby the University to consider the use and conversion of the Sports Centre into a Study Space.
 All Member Survey, Warwick SU, 2017. See Figure One