Please be aware that you should be providing at least 7 days' notice of any fundraising activity.
If you are fundraising for charity as part of an SU club or society, please submit your fundraising plans by following the process below.
If you are fundraising as an individual, please contact Warwick RAG who will advise you of the process.
- Tell us how much you raised
Charity Fundraising Process for SU Clubs & Societies
- Choose a UK registered charity to fundraise for. They must be registered with the UK Charity Commission or Scottish Charity Regulator, with up-to-date paperwork.
- Come up with an innovative way to raise money for your chosen charity.
- Submit your fundraising plans online, at least 7 days in advance.
- The SU will contact you with any questions, and work with you to approve your event. You must not publicise or carry out any fundraising until you have received SU approval.
- If your fundraising activity involves using club or society funds, or includes an element of risk, you may have to complete an event planning pack.
- Once your event is approved, start advertising it!
- On the week of the event, collect any charity collection buckets you have requested from SUHQ Reception.
- Carry out your fundraising activity!
- After your fundraising activity, count any cash collections you have made.
- Recoup any expenses incurred whilst carrying out your fundraising. You must not donate any club/society funds to charity.
- If you have any cash to donate, contact your chosen charity to request their banking details (account number & sort code).
- Pay any cash donations directly to your chosen charity.*
- Return any SU charity collection buckets you borrowed.
- Tell us how much you raised!
*Santander on campus have agreed to process donations to all charities, regardless of which bank they use, so long as someone paying in the donation has a Santander account. Alternatively, you can visit a branch of the bank your chosen charity banks with.
If you wish to use a union or university space for your events, you will need permission to do so. Please give as much notice as possible.
In the SU Atrium
If you would like to hold your event in the SU Atrium, you should contact the SU's Central Admin team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Piazza or surrounding spaces
If you would like to hold your event on the Piazza or surrounding spaces, you will need to complete this form for approval by Warwick Retail. Bookings must be made at least 7 days in advance, and will not be approved for any event involving the sale, or giving away, of food or drink.
If you would like to hold your event within a university building, you will need to contact whoever facilitates that space. The Union is not able to do this on your behalf.
Outside the Library
If you would like to hold your event outside the Library, you will need to contact the Library team at email@example.com.
Charity Event Ticketing
If you are selling tickets to your charity event, you should follow the usual process in the event planning section of the exec resources, stating the amount going to charity. After the event, you will need to raise a money request for the donation to be paid out to your chosen charity.
Charity Fundraising Support
If you would like any further guidance, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or speak to your society or sports coordinator.