If you are fundraising as part of an SU club or society, please submit your fundraising plans and follow the process below.
If you are fundraising as an individual, please contact Warwick RAG for support.
- Tell us how much you raised
Charity Fundraising Process for SU Clubs & Societies
- Come up with an innovative way to raise money for your chosen charity.*
- Submit your fundraising plans.
- The SU will contact you with any questions, and work with you to approve your event.
- If your fundraising activity involves using club or society funds, or includes an element of risk, you may have to complete an event planning pack.
- Once your event is approved, you can start advertising it!
- On the week of the event, collect any SU charity collection buckets you have requested from SUHQ Reception.
- Carry out your fundraising activity!
- After your fundraising activity, count any cash collections you have made.
- Recoup any club/society expenses.
- If you have any cash to donate, contact your chosen charity to request their banking details (account number, sort code).
- Pay any cash donations directly to your chosen charity.**
- Return any SU charity collection buckets you borrowed.
- Tell us how much you raised!
*You can only raise money for a UK registered charity (registered with the UK or Scottish Charities Commission), with up-to-date paperwork.
**Santander on campus have agreed to process donations to all charities, regardless of which bank they use, so long as someone paying in the donation has a Santander account. Alternatively, you can visit a branch of the bank your chosen charity banks with.
Charity Event Ticketing
If you are selling tickets to your charity event, you should follow the usual process in the event planning section of the exec resources, stating the amount going to charity. After the event, you will need to raise a money request for the donation to be paid out to your chosen charity.
Charity Fundraising Support
If you would like any further guidance, contact email@example.com or speak to your society or sports coordinator.