Back for another summer of fun, Campus Pride is a digital celebration of LGBTQ+ history, people, culture and related topics for education staff and students across the UK, delivered by a collaboration of over 40 students' unions.
With the global pandemic still resulting in the restriction of LGBTQ+ events, marches and festivals this summer, Campus Pride is back for a second year to offer a digital celebration of LGBTQ+ history, people, culture and related topics for education staff and students across the UK.
There will be events and activities offered throughout June, July, and August, with the first events already open for registration:
- Asexuality and Aromanticism 101 (4th June, 2-3pm)
- Trans Allyship in HE (7th June, 12-1pm)
- You've Got Questions... (panel) (9th June, 2-3pm)
- What does an LGBTQ+ inclusive University look like? (panel) (14th June, 2-3pm)
- Live workout with Matt Boyles of Fitter Confident You (16th June, 3pm)
- Intersex 101 (17th June, 2-3pm)
- Craig Law DJ set (18th June, 8-10pm)
- Tackling LGBTphobia: Be an active bystander (21st June, 1-2pm)
- Quiz afternoon (22nd June, 4-5pm)
- Trans-inclusive teaching workshop (24th June, 1-2pm)
- LGBTQ+ campaigns support drop-in (12th July, 2-3pm)
- Gender Recognition in the UK (20th July, 2-3pm)
You can also access the recording of some of last year's events!
Campus Pride is delivered in collaboration with over 40 other students' unions across the UK, and there are many opportunities to get involved, including:
The collaboration is keen to hear from anyone interested in being a speaker/panellist for the following events:
- University - A Place For Me? (a panel for prospective LGBT+ students, featuring current LGBT+ students from UK universities)
- You've Got Questions... (a panel formed of LGBT+ students and staf from UK universities, answering questions on LGBT+ identities, experiences, and culture)
- What Does an LGBT+ Inclusive University Look Like? (a panel exploring LGBT+ inclusive best practice and the future of inclusion in UK universities)
Please email email@example.com to express your interest.