NUS Totum

Academic Problems

At some point, you may have worries or concerns about your academic work such as:

  • Needing guidance on study skills
  • Being worried about your progress
  • Anxiety about exams
  • Life events interfering with your ability to study.

If you need to talk to someone about academic problems, we would recommend you speak to your Personal Tutor first. If this is not possible or proves to be unsatisfactory, you should talk to someone else in the department, e.g. Departmental Senior Tutor or Director of Undergraduate/Postgraduate Studies.

If you want to talk to someone outside your department:

In addition, you can talk to the SU’s elected Student Officers:

For general issues affecting everyone on your course, you can also speak to your SSLC (Student-Staff Liaison Committee)/Course Rep

There is plenty of support available on campus to help you succeed - useful links are as follows:

Non-academic problems affecting your studies

If you are finding that you have non-academic issues affecting your studies, there are lots of places to get help and support - see the Wellbeing Support page and our Health & Wellbeing pages.

Remember to register with Disability Services if you have a disability, so that they can help you liaise with your department over any reasonable adjustments that you may need.

If you are unsure about what help you need or who you should speak to, contact the SU Advice Centre and we can help you access support.

If you cannot get help even though you have tried all avenues, you can consult the Dean of Students or the appropriate Faculty Senior Tutor.

You can also contact the following members of the SU Officer Team: