Southern Lake District Weekend Trip | Warwick Mountains
Put your name on the reserve list here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Erhh2HA5ImcPUxFJaEgYMkBYu8N_lqOeumHo8A5U-Ss/viewform?edit_requested=true
Lake District is parhaps one of the most beautiful National Parks that England has to offer; with it's mountain tarns and glistering lakes it is sure to capture your heart. So come along to explore this fantastic envirnoment which includes Scafell Pike (the highest mountain in England), Helvellyn and many more craggy hilltops!
You must be a member of Warwick Mountains to buy a ticket.
Join here: https://www.warwicksu.com/sports/clubs/mountains/
Where is this fantastic trip happening?
We have exclusive use of the YHA's Hawkshead Courtyard bunkhouse very close to the shore of Esthwaite Water. ( Map )
On both Saturday and Sunday there will be 4-6 walks or scrambles on offer, of varying difficulty, distance, ascent, and terrain. Some of these walks may offer the opportunity to have a go at some navigation, just ask your walk leader.
All the walks/scrambles will be led by our experienced ML trained members.
Whatever your experience level you are welcome on this trip.
I'm interested, when do we leave?
We leave on Friday 10th of November (the end of week 6) from the Sports Centre car park, at 5 pm. We will be stopping off en route for dinner on Friday.
We will aim to be back at campus on the Sunday for around 8-9pm.
The cost for this fantastic trip is only £55 and includes the following:
- Transport to, from, and around our destination
- Accommodation for both Friday and Saturday nights
- A Warwick Mountains cooked evening meal on Saturday night
- Tea, coffee, milk, porridge oats, and bread for your breakfast
- The company of other people who enjoy the great outdoors
I just bought my ticket! Wait, what do I bring with me?
You will need:
- Walking boots with ankle support, You will NOT be allowed to walk if you turn up without them! You have been warned.
- Food for breakfast and lunch on Saturday and Sunday.
- Money for tea on Friday, and pubs after walks.
- Walking trousers (You will be NOT be allowed to walk in jeans!)
- Waterproofs (jacket and trousers)
- Warm clothing (cotton hoodies are not good for walking in if it rains)
- Hat and gloves
- A rucksack for holding your waterproofs, food and anything else you want on the walks.
- Anything else you may want for the Friday and Saturday evening/night (cards/games/your beverage of choice)
See the gear list online for more info https://www.warwickmountains.com/kit-list
The club has a few items of kit such as waterproofs that you can borrow (borrow NOT keep). Our Gear Master Izaak (I.Tyson-Hirst@warwick.ac.uk) will help you should you wish to borrow anything, or need advice, so please get in contact with him after you have signed up.
If you have any questions then e-mail me at W.Raszewska@warwick.ac.uk
The people we refer to as ‘walk leaders’ are trained and experienced, but not necessarily qualified. We recommend you listen to the advice given to you by your walk leader, but you must ultimately make your own decisions as a competent adult.
By purchasing the ticket you acknowledge that you have read and accepted the risk assessment and code of conduct found
on our Warwick Mountains SU Page.
Warwick Mountains is not affiliated to the BMC, but we agree with their participation statement: The BMC recognises that climbing and mountaineering are activities with a danger of personal injury or death. Participants in these activities should be aware of and accept these risks and be responsible for their own actions.