PLAIN TEXT MANIFESTO
GHANBO FOR SPORTS
- Co-founder of the Women’s Cricket Club
- President of Women’s Cricket 2018/19
- Netball BUCS 2’s 2018/19
- Netball Varsity Squad 2019
- Member of Barbell 2017/18
Uni Sports For Uni Students
- Create an open dialogue and to facilitate efficient communication channels for sports clubs through in-person sessions.
- Fight for favourable training allocations in the New Sports Hub for all sports clubs.
- Such facilities should be student focussed and priced, “for the students!” . Fight for affordable membership prices.
- Continue campaigning for Wednesday afternoons free to allow all students to access all levels sport.
- Develop the Sports Exec to act as a supportive team to the Sports Officer.
- Push for sport to be included in the University Strategy 2030.
- Collaborate with the Welfare Officer to develop a mental health awareness starter pack for clubs and societies.
- Introduce a well-being hour once a week for any member of a club or society sport e.g yoga or a post-pop Xananas breakfast deal.
- Encourage PG/PhD students to showcase their relevant research to club members.
- Continue pushing campaigns such as #ReshapingSport, Rainbow Laces, #WeGetConsent.
- Create a ‘Pre-Varsity’ programme for clubs who don’t get a weekend fixture.
- Listen to clubs more with regards to preferred Varsity fixtures.
- Ensure clubs are fully supported in promotional material.
Something For Everyone
- Work with clubs to encourage opportunities for new players by developing the rock up and play programmes.
- Run a #TrySomethingNew campaign to provide structure to club switches and tasters for everyone.
- Work to ensure transport and funding are treated fairly, creating a transport guide with essential information.
- Introduce club-building workshops to support smaller clubs.
- Develop a Society Sports page to introduce students to new sports.
- Create a PG Play Programme and push for more favourable timings.
- Establish a showcase weekend for Non-BUCS sports.
- Making Performance Sport criteria and guidelines clear to encourage progression.
- Create a dialogue between club captains and performance sport coaches to make the fitness and development sessions to be beneficial to all.
- Introduce club-only bookable sessions in the new gym by developing a group day pass.
- Work to develop physiotherapy links with Coventry University students.
Build a Community
- Push for more financial accessibility through a funding and sponsorship guide for exec.
- Collaborate closely with other sabbatical officers to create an workable termly Campaigns Calendar.
- Develop Team Warwick to be a closer community, continue the weekly sportsperson/team and develop the “Ones to Watch” programme to include all clubs.
- Encourage the viewing of university matches on the piazza through a livestream feed working with RAW Visual.
VOTE GHANBO FOR SPORTS