NIKITA IS KEY TO UNLOCKING YOUR SOCIETY'S POTENTIAL
- Economics Society Fresher Representative 2016/17
- Economics Society Treasurer 2017/18
- Risk Management Society Head of Corporate Relations 2018/19
- Warwick Kickstart Head of Events & Coordination 2018/19
- SU Student Evaluator 2018/19
KEY ELECTION PLEDGES:
- Revive the Societies Events Calendar
- Discounted Societies Federation Fee
- Financial Autonomy for Societies
- Eliminate Speaker Bureaucracy
- Warwick SU Grants Reform
Discounted Societies Federation Fee
- Whilst total removal of the societies fee is financially unfeasible, I am planning on creating two-part pricing for Societies Federation Fee, where both Undergraduates and Postgraduates will pay a tangibly reduced fee for the duration of the Welcome Week. This will allow more students to join societies on campus and societies to benefit from an increased influx of students.
Financial Autonomy for Societies
- Ever felt like your society doesn't actually own its sponsorship funds? Or been told that you can't subsidise your event for some reason? I will increase transparency behind the SU procedures, regarding the use of society funds. In addition, I will widen the objects and activities that societies can spend their money on, allowing societies to host events of higher calibre.
Revive the Societies Events Calendar
- Did you know there was a centralised events calendar on the SU page? Me neither. I will create a an easily accessible centralised timetable with inputs from all societies where you would be able to filter the events according to your interests. Society Members will be able to explore new activities and societies will get an unparalleled opportunity to showcase their events.
Warwick SU Grants Reform
- Currently societies can ask for society funding to spend only on few things, such as transport and audio & video equipment. I plan to expand upon this to allow the grant funds to be allocated towards everyday running of the society. This will benefit all the societies on campus, ranging from smaller societies, in need of funds for their activities to larger ones who receive from little to no help from SU. Also this reform could stimulate the creation of new exciting societies.
Eliminate Speaker Bureaucracy
- To bring a speaker on campus, Societies require an External Speaker Request Form at least three weeks prior to the event. However, the opaque process makes it hugely difficult to bring/replace a speaker or promote the event online while awaiting approval. I will introduce an online Speaker Request Tracking System, similar to the Finance one, where the exec would be able to see the status of their application. An option to smoothly replace a dropout speaker could be included. This transparent procedure will act as a stepping stone to reducing the waiting period in the future.
UNLOCK YOUR SOCIETY’S POTENTIAL
Breakdown of the Use of The Societies Federation Fee
- Hold SU accountable for the use of your money.
- Reform the Equal Opportunities Officer position within society execs to ensure that all societies make an active contribution to increasing inclusivity on campus.
Diversify Food for Conferences
- I will work with SU to allow outsourcing of catering to companies besides University or SU catering. This will allow large conferences and other societies to bring cheaper food as well as national food on campus. I will further work with Warwick Food & Drink to negotiate cheaper service, providing more value for money for societies.
Virtual Societies Fair
- I will encourage societies to create a 1-2 minute video outlining the society's goals and agenda for the year to be uploaded on the SU website. This will help students choose which societies to become a part of especially if they cannot make it to Welcome Week, have a disability, or prefer a quiet environment as opposed to a large social gathering. This could include a short questionnaire which will recommend a list of societies tailored to your needs.
Manifesto Progress Tracker
- I want you to be able to hold me accountable for the progress being made on these policies. That's why I am aiming to implement a live status bar on the societies officer page, where you can see exactly where I am on my journey to unlock your society's potential.
YOU ARE THE KEY TO MY CAMPAIGN!