Jess for LGBTUA+
Image Description: Head shot of white person with short hair, glasses and pink lipstick.
LGBTUA+ Consent and Safe Sex Practices Workshops
- Workshops on consent and safe sex practices for LGBTUA+ students, lead by LGBTUA+ people.
- Specialist materials for LGBTUA+ students on consent.
- Safe sex supplies available to LGBTUA+ students free of charge, plus supporting materials.
LGBTUA+ Lecture Series
- Lecture series delivered by LGBTUA+ academics on Queer Activism; Disability and LGBTUA+ identity; Race and LGBTUA+ identity.
- Promoting discussions on important areas of LGBTUA+ life.
- Monthly 2-hour Officer drop-in sessions.
- Monthly caucus meetings.
- Monthly blog post on my activities as Officer.
- Pledge to work with Trans’ Students Officer.
Temporary Withdrawal Support Group
- Online group to support LGBTUA+ students on Temporary Withdrawal.
- Production of materials supporting LGBTUA+ students in taking Temporary Withdrawal.
Mental Health Awareness Day
- Workshop on Mental Health and LGBTUA+ identity.
- Contributing to materials for Mental Health Awareness Week, which are LGBTUA+ specific.
Jess for LGBTUA+
Welfare Officer at Warwick Pride, Feb 2017 – Present
- Co-ordinating Pride Parenting Scheme.
- Organising Coming Out Workshops.
- Providing access to safe sex supplies.
- Organising socials.
Disabilities Rep at WASS, Oct 2017 – Present
- Organisation of events.
- Representing the needs of my caucus to the executive committee.
- Conducting a workshop as part of our Liberation Conference.
Success Guarantor at Sir John Deane’s College, Nov/Dec 2017
- Supporting the LGBT+ society in their campaign for Gender Neutral toilets; training staff on the needs of Trans students.
- Representing student needs concerning homework, timetabling and Mental Health support.
Student Host at International Conference of Undergraduate Research, Oct 2016
- Working with two other student hosts to run the conference.
- Chairing sessions on various topics.
- Co-ordinating question and answer sessions.
SSLC Course Rep for Sociology Department, Oct 2015 – Jan 2017
- Holding department to account.
- Promoting student concerns around diversity within the curriculum: accessibility and personal tutoring scheme.
Co-Founder and President SJD LGBT+ Society, Oct 2013 – June 2015
- Raising money for Trans charity Mermaids.
- Organising events for LGBTUA+ History Month including a display and the playing of LGBTUA+ artists/songs.