This scheme is not yet live. Information below is subject to confirmation.
The Safe Place scheme provides a network of safe harbour locations on campus and its surroundings areas, providing access to emergency support, signposting to reporting & support services, and a safe place to wait following a violent, hateful or harassing incident.
If you have experienced a violent, hateful or harassing incident you can head to a Safe Place to:
- Ask for Campus Security to be called (if needed).
- Request emergency services such as police, or an ambulance (if needed).
- Explore your options for reporting the incident (if you wish to).
- Access resources about SU, university, local and/or national support services.
- Have a safe place to wait a while.
Safe Place locations
Each Safe Place prominently displays a sticker that looks like this:
Safe Places include SU HQ reception, the Arts Centre box office, Nightline, the main gatehouse, and many food & drink outlets. The location and opening times of each Safe Place are shown on the map below.
If you have any questions about the Safe Place scheme, please email email@example.com.