Our Liberated Education campaign is comprised of more focused projects tackling different aspects of the fight for a liberated education.
You can find upcoming events relating to liberating education on the Curriculum Liberation Calendar.
Trans-Inclusive Teaching & Learning
Teaching can fail to be inclusive of trans people in multiple ways, from hostile learning environments that make assumptions about people's gender and fail to call out transphobic behaviours, to content that erases non-binary gender identities and fails to include the contributions & experiences of trans people.
- Establishing a queer and trans pedagogy learning circle within WIHEA.
- Developed trans-inclusive teaching & learning guidance for those who teach at Warwick in partnership with WIHEA.
- Developed and delivered a trans-inclusive teaching workshop for those who teach at Warwick.
- Liberate my Module tool for reporting issues on a module-by-module basis.
- Regular workshops for staff on how to build a trans-inclusive university.
We're fighting for a decolonised curriculum and anti-racist pedagogy at Warwick, tackling poor student experiences for students of colour as well as the Black attainment gap.
- Launched the Warwick Decolonise Network with the aim of lobbying the university for a curriculum that reflects the diversity of the student body and promotes critical thinking.
- Recruited a team of advocates to work with the SU and their departments to decolonise the curriculum.
- Education Officer, Larissa Kennedy, sat on a panel alongside Stuart Croft (Vice-Chancellor), Dr Meleisa Ono George (Director of Student Experience, History), and Amatey Doku (VP Higher Education, NUS), discussing the Black student experience and social mobility.
Liberate my Module
The Liberate my Module reporting tool allows students to report issues on a module-by-module basis.
Reports are shared with course reps within the relevant department(s), to be raised at their Student-Staff Liaison Committee (SSLC) meetings.
Reports also inform our wider work on liberating the curriculum.
If you'd like to get involved with the Liberated Education campaign, or would like to share your ideas for future campaigns with us email email@example.com.