Information for Disabled Students

The University has lots of support across the campus for students who have a disability, and will support you to get the reasonable adjustments that you need.

What is a Disability?

The Equality Act 2010 sets out that a person has a disability if they have a physically or mentally impairment that has a substantial and long term negative effect on your ability to do normal daily activities. The Act also provides for reasonable adjustments to be made for anyone affected by a disability.

Where to get support on Campus

If you know you have a disability or think you may have one you should contact University Disability Services who will be able to discuss with you your particular needs.

By registering with the Disability Services if you have a disability, you will gain their support and expertise, and they will work with your department (and any other part of the University as required) to ensure you have appropriate reasonable adjustments. For information about the Disability Service look at their web pages 

Other places to get information:


Disability Rights UK 

If you are struggling to get the support or reasonable adjustments you think you need or are unsure who to talk to please contact the Students’ Union Advice Centre Team, and we will try to help you.