Tickets can be found on the Right Hand Side
How to Enter as a Non- University player:
If you're not a current student at warwick university, you will have to do the following to enter:
1) Create a guest account for the warwick su website here (where it says log in/register at the top of the page)
2) Click the link in the confirmation email to create your guest account and log in
3) Come back to this page to add a "non-member" ticket to your basket
4) Go to your basket and pay
We understand it can be difficult to use the Warwick SU ticketing system, so if you are having any trouble please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The event will be organised into the following three sections:
Open (All players)
Major (Max ECF grade 140)
Minor (Max ECF grade 105)
Each player has 15 minutes + 10 seconds per completed move
Pairings & Results:
£5 for all players in each section.
Entrants who are not ECF silver member or above must pay a surcharge of £10.00
Entrrants on the day (subject to organisers discretion) required to pay a late fee of £10.
All entry cost will go towards prizemoney. The following prizemoney is based on an expected 100 entrants, (percentages will be broadly constant):
Open: 1st £90 (18%), 2nd £50 (10%), 3rd £30 (6%), Grading Prize £30 (6%)
Major: 1st £70 (14%), 2nd £40 (8%), 3rd £20 (4%), Grading Prize £20 (4%)
Minor: 1st £70 (14%), 2nd £40 (8%), 3rd £20 (4%), Grading Prize £20 (4%)
Round 1 - 10:30am Round 5 - 3:10pm
Round 2 - 11:40am Round 6 - 4:20pm
Round 3 - 12:50am Round 7 - 5:30pm
Round 4 - 2:00pm Prizegiving - A.S.A.P.
All sections will be ECF graded and FIDE-rated. The following priority will be used for section eligibility:
(1) August 2019 ECF Rapidplay Grade
(2) October 2019 FIDE Rapidplay Rating (converted using the formula: (FIDE – 700) / 7.5)
(3) August 2019 ECF Standardplay Grade
(4) Other Rating Assigned by the Organise
Important Links for Entry Ticket:
Links to the questions on the ticketing form can be found here:
1. ECF membership number: your ECF membership can be found from an email reciept from the ECF of purchasing your ECF silver membership or above.
2. ECF grading reference: Your ECF grading reference can be found here: http://ecfgrading.org.uk/new/menu.php
3. FIDE ID: Go to the FIDE rating website to look up your ID: https://ratings.fide.com/
Warwick campus can be found just off of the A429. A map of the campus can be found here: https://warwick.ac.uk/about/visiting/maps/campusmap/central_campus_september_2019.pdf
There is free weekend parking at all the parking zones shown on the map.
The venue area is located on the 2nd floor of the sciences building. To reach it, you want to go up the steps to the bridge that goes from the library to the sciences buildings. We advise you print out a copy of the map. There will be signs near the bridge.
There is free parking on site. Refreshments will be available during the day at the nearby library café.