PLAIN TEXT MANIFESTO
TEDC TALKS FOR SPORTS
· Men’s Rugby Chairman, Fresher's Rep & 3rd XV Captain
· Warwick League Activator
· Chemistry SSLC 2014-15
- Yearly reviews of the contract with kit suppliers Speed One & BLK, to increase accountability & improve communication.
- Encourage funding for better scholarship offers, leniency in admissions, & accommodation opportunities so talented freshers can attend preseason.
- Open day sports talks to flag up future prospects.
- Increase storage options on campus & negotiate cheaper summer storage for clubs.
· A MORE ACTIVE WARWICK
- Direct Debit gym memberships & links with local clubs to get more people playing &provide clubs with more facility options.
- Increase awareness & involvement in disability sports & active leagues. The new sports centre should accommodate disabilities by installing lifts. Better lighting & clearer campus running routes are a must to improve student safety.
- Boost availability of Physiotherapy, by bringing Coventry student physios onto campus.
- Organisation of Postgrad summer social leagues to maintain a sporting student community while most clubs are inactive.
- Information on where the money you pay for sport actually goes & removal of SU ‘Red tape’ by moving forms, such as money transfer requests, online.
- Hold drop-in sessions twice per term, where anyone can express views and ask questions in confidence.
- Build on the “Team Warwick” brand to engage the whole of campus by bringing back weekly “Sports Person & Team of the Week” features with WTV, shown on the piazza big screen to make a big deal about all sports.
- Introduce a “Campus Community” Sportmark section to reward teams for supporting different clubs & participating in their charity events.
· HELP CLUBS FIND SPONSORSHIP
- Workshops & networking events with top graduate firms.