CHAR 4 SPORTS!
CHAR 4 SPORTS
RAISE THE BAR, VOTE FOR CHAR
- Ladies Hockey President 2018-19
- Ladies Hockey 2XI Captain 2017-18
- Volunteer Coach @ Leamington Hockey Club
- English Schools Cross Country competitor (nationals)
- Final Year History Student
IMPROVE TRANSPARENCY AND EFFICIENCY:
- Presidential Forums with Sports Exec - hold accountable specific areas of Warwick Sport and the SU.
- Sports Exec webpage - regular reports and updates published.
- One stop shop for financial administration - all applications for funding, MRFs in one place and you select from a drop down menu.
- Menu contains information on what the process is for each financial matter.
TRAINING FOR EXECS:
- Not just online but opportunity to train in areas such as disclosure referral, mitigation, crisis management.
- Expand the training available for welfare officers.
- Online shop.
- Fair and equal pricing for all genders.
- Using the Akuma Family network to promote our clubs through their social media and web platforms - a partnership not a transactional relationship.
- All clubs included.
- Team Warwick App – detailing fixtures, results, match reports to get more of a supporters community.
- BUCS and Non-BUCS fixtures.
PUTTING STUDENTS FIRST
INCREASING PHYSIO AND INJURY PREVENTION WORKSHOPS:
- Injury prevention workshops for all clubs, not just TWP. New sports hubs has more physio rooms.
- Video series on Team Warwick Facebook/ Warwick Sport social media about rehab for specific and common injuries.
- Changing the day: get injured on a BUCS Wednesday and have to wait till Monday to see physio.
- Nutrition workshops - not just an issue for sports clubs, but students coming to uni and learning to fend for themselves for the first time.
- Tips and tricks for eating on the move, eating on a budget
WARWICK AS A SPORTING INSTITUTION:
- Improve awareness of our reputation as a leading academic and sports institution.
- Students choose Warwick for a great degree and high level, as well as inclusive, sport.
- Incorporate both performance and reshaping sport.
- Presence of the uni at national sporting events.
- Use of the new sports hub for high level competition.
CAREERS IN SPORT:
- Encouraging a careers fair centred around opportunities in the sports sector:
- HE Sport, Sports Journalism, Sports Law, Physio/S&C/Psychology, Governance, NGBs.
LIBERATION AND AWARENESS CAMPAIGNS
- Expanding the portfolio: ‘sporting community leading the way on tackling issues on our campus.’
- Taking advantage of the solidarity Team Warwick shows week in and week out to lobby the university for social change.
- Women in coaching and officiating.
- Disability Sport.
- Debunking the Myths.
- LGBTUA+ phobia out of sport, not just homophobia.
- With societies and local charities.
- Address stereotypes surrounding uni culture e.g. alcoholism, peer pressure, sexual violence, injury, sport-degree balance.
- Sport leading the way to combat pressing issues.
- Talks about consent, rape and sexual abuse as a mandatory part of freshers week.
- Welfare Officers
- More rigorous training and enhanced connection with liberation and welfare officers.
- Sport and mental health – preventative. Working with Warwick Active to expand health and wellbeing element of casual sport.
TEAM WARWICK OPPORTUNITIES
FULL COMMUNITY EVENT:
- Once a term.
- Whilst we all love Pop and SkoolDayz, variation in sports socials is always good.
- All come together for another social in the Copper Rooms, or an outside venue e.g. the Ricoh.
- Following on from the inflatable fun day in term 3.
- Darts event. Tables lined out in the copper rooms with some people playing darts on the stage.
- Bongos Bingo type event hosted at Copper Rooms.
- Hot Dog eating competition/wings eating competition - proceeds can go to charity.
- Team Warwick on tour.
- All clubs go to the same place and book out an entire hotel - happens a lot at other unis.
- More of an ‘experience’ – food stalls, stash, Team Warwick celebration event to close.
- Bigger showcases using new sports hub but also external venues and arenas with large capacity.
facebook @CHARFORSPORTS instagram @charlottealloyd_
RAISE THE BAR, VOTE FOR CHAR