HoA Soc: Turner Prize Exhibition
Event from History of Art Society
Saturday 11 January 2020, 9:30am - 8:30pm
Turner Contemporary, Margate, Kent
On Saturday January 11th 2020 we have a trip planned to visit the Turner Prize Exhibition in Margate. Every other year, the Prize leaves Tate Britain and is presented at a venue outside London. Four artists were shortlisted to win the prize based on an outstanding exhibition that has took place last year. This year’s finalists- and joint winners- include Lawrence Abu Hamdan, Helen Cammock, Oscar Murillo and Tai Shani.
We will be taking a coach from central campus to Margate, and then returning later the same day via the same transport. This will be an all-day trip with long coach rides, so please make sure you will be prepared for it and let us know if you are still interested. There are 45-50 spaces available, and we are considering ticket prices within the range of £12 to £15.
Here is a rough itinerary for the day:
• Meet at Car Park 2 on campus (outside Bluebell) at 9.15am
• Eat lunch on the coach (either packed lunch or something from a services)
• Arrival at Turner Contemporary, Rendezvous, Margate, Kent, CT9 1HG at 1.30pm
• Look round and enjoy the exhibition
• Go to the beach just outside the building
• Leaving time is 4.45pm
• Arrival at Warwick Campus estimated for 8.45pm