Course Rep Training 2018-19
Students' Union staff and Officers fully train and support all undergraduate and postgraduate Course Reps across the University. We now have a variety of different training sessions, please read the descriptions below carefully to decide which you would like to attend. To sign up, please use the link below.
Sign up for Training
Course Rep training takes place in Term 1 of each academic year. Places in each session are limited, and so you will be required to sign up in advance.
Note that you only need to attend one training session.
Please log in to sign up for training sessions.
Which training session is right for me?
This term we will offer five different training sessions. All face to face training will run across weeks 3-5 of the Autumn term. Please see below for the descriptions of the sessions
• Course Rep Training (Saturday session) - For the first time, we will offer a Saturday training session, complete with workshops with the sabbatical officers and campaigns teams. We strongly recommend this session for Course Reps who have not done the role before. We expect this to fill up fast, so book early to avoid disappointment.
• Refresher Training - We have designed a brand new session students who have already been a Course Rep for a year or more. It is a workshop designed to encourage group work and skills swap. Sessions will last 1 hour.
• Chair and Secretary Training - We now have training specifically for the Chair and Secretaries. The sessions will last 45 minutes.
• Course Rep Training (Undergraduate and Postgraduate) - There will be undergraduate and postgraduate training on offer for course reps. The session will last 1 hour and 30 minutes.
• Online Training - We understand not every Course Rep will be able to attend face to face training sessions so we will release online training for Course Reps and Chairs and Secretaries later in Term 1. If you have any other questions or want to know more, please contact the Academic Representation team at email@example.com.