International Students

If you are studying on a course which is at degree level or above (Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD) and you hold a Tier 4 visa, you will need to check that your BRP card states that you are permitted to work up to 20 hours per week during term time. If you are permitted, you can be satisfied that you are eligible to apply for paid student staff vacancies. You can work up to 20 hours per week (Monday – Sunday) during term time, and can work full time during university vacation. Please note that postgraduate students do not follow term time and so you can work up to 20 hours per week during your course registration period.

Please find more information here:

You may wish to know that Tier 4 students are eligible to participate in SU Elections and can be elected as a Sabbatical Officer. If you are elected to the Sabbatical Officer’s position, you will be able to extend your Tier 4 visa in the UK or from your home country, either before or after you start the Sabbatical Officer role. Once you secure the Sabbatical Officer role, you will need to start maintaining your personal bank account. You will need to have at least £2,030 in your personal bank account for 28 consecutive days, and will need to make an appointment with an International Student Adviser to discuss your visa extension: