Previously Armourer (2015-16) & President (2016-17) of Fencing. Currently Publicity Officer of Fencing. Co-founder of WUCSU (Warwick University Combat Sports Union).
1. CLUB DIVERSITY
• Varsity is key for showcasing Warwick’s diversity of sports. I want:
- Friendlies for non-varsity sports.
- To turn all Varsity fixtures into spectator events through viewing guides and spectator zones with maps, timetables and refreshments.
2. SPORT IN MENTAL HEALTH
• I want to campaign for sports facilities to be used for sport when needed most in term 3, not exams.
• Also want to increase availability of training for Welfare Officers to make the role more impactful.
3. SPORTS EXEC
• Few know who the Sports Exec are or what they do, leading to a lack of interest in elections.
• Sports Exec are therefore less democratic; if you run, you get it.
• I want to increase awareness of the work done by the Sports Exec to increase interest in the elections.
• Sports Fair is crowded, noisy and aggressive; I want to introduce a Chill Zone at Sports Fair with bottled water and stalls for Warwick Sport and Akuma.
• I want to increase the networking opportunities between exec members to grow inter-club relations.
• I want to continue the Wednesday Afternoon Free and Reshaping Sport campaigns to improve the accessibility of sport at Warwick.
• I want to make execs' lives easier: lecture capturing Sports Forum, continuing to move forms online and introducing video guides.