So you’ve nominated yourself for election! Congrats! Elections are an empowering process where you try new things, learn new skills and find the confidence you never knew you had regardless of the outcome.
What you need to know:
Make sure you familiarise yourself with the candidate guide which has all the information you need to know !
There is ABSOLUTELY NO CAMPAIGNING before 9am Monday 26th February .
Our SU top-tips for the Spring Elections:
- Have a team to support you.
- Work out who your voters are.
- Design and print posters and flyers according to which you think will have the most impact with your voters.
- Have a catchy slogan.
- Be visible – talk to people and ask lecturers if you can do lecture shout-outs.
- Have a social media presence (Facebook page, Twitter hashtag or Snapchat name)
- HAVE FUN!
If you have any questions please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org or drop in for a visit at the Democratic Services Office, floor 2 of SUHQ.
Adjudication Panel Decisions:
Each election period the Adjudication Panel make rulings about various queries from candidates.
Keep an eye out on this section of the website for any changes or new rulings! Any NEW decisions made during the election period will also be emailed directly to candidates.