Eating disorders are widely misunderstood and stigmatised illnesses. We believe that everyone who is suffering should be able to access the help they need, as quickly as possible.
That's why we're working with Beat, the eating disorders charity, to campaign for positive change around eating disorders support.
Sign Beat's petition to increase training in courses for medical students and junior doctors about eating disorders.*
Get involved with Beat's campaigns to end the pain and suffering caused by eating disorders.
*Read Warwick Medical School (WMS) Disability Network's statement in support of this campaign.
If you think you might have an eating disorder...
Beat, the eating disorders charity, have a fantastic range of resources to support you if you have (or think you might have) an eating disorder.
If you're supporting someone with an eating disorder...
If you concerned about or supporting someone who may have an eating disorder, Beat has a superb range of resources for you.
What we're doing...
We're working with Beat to...
- Petition the UK's General Medical Council to include more training on eating disorders for medical students and junior doctors.
- Lobby MPs to close the gaps students with eating disorders fall through when accessing treatment and support.
- Raise awareness of the signs of eating disorders and the support for available for those with eating disorders.
- Help educate our community on how to support those with eating disorders.
- Bust myths about eating disorders.
- Organise training for university and union staff around eating disorders.
- Disseminate Beat's guide for seeking treatment to local GPs.
If you'd like more information about the campaign, email firstname.lastname@example.org.