The SU organises a series of Drop-In Sexual Health Clinics each year for students, which are a free confidential drop-in service that offers testing for sexually-transmitted infections (STIs), as well as advice on sexual health matters and contraception. The clinics are held in the SU HQ building on campus, provided by Coventry Integrated Sexual Health Service (ISHS).
The date of the next drop-in sexual health clinic is MONDAY 8TH OCTOBER 2018.
What Do The Drop-In Sexual Health Clinics Offer?
- Tests for chlamydia and gonorrhoea (men will usually be asked to provide a urine sample, women will usually be asked to provide a lower vaginal swab).
- Tests for HIV and syphilis (blood test).
- Free safer sex supplies (incl. condoms and lubricant).
- C-Card scheme registration (access to free safer sex supplies in the Coventry area).
- Discuss with a health professional any sexual health concerns.
How Do I Get My Results?
The clinic staff will take down your details and take away your samples for testing. The clinic will then text you the result of your tests within 2 weeks, regardless of whether they’re positive or negative. If you do not hear back from them after 3 weeks contact them on 0300 020 0027.
When are the Drop-In Sexual Health Clinics?
- Monday 8th October, Meeting Room 2, SUHQ, 11.00am – 4.30pm
- Monday 12th November, Membership Space, SU Atrium, 11.00 – 3.30pm
- Tuesday 8th January, Meeting Room 2, SUHQ, 11 – 4.30pm
- Tuesday 12th February, Meeting Room 2, SUHQ, 11 – 4.30pm
- Tuesday 12th March, Meeting Room 2, SUHQ, 11 – 4.30pm
- Tuesday 7th May, Meeting Room 2, SUHQ, 11 – 4.30pm
- Tuesday 18th June, Meeting Room 2, SUHQ, 11 – 4.30pm
Where Else Can I Get Tested?
If the SU isn’t running a Drop-In Sexual Health Clinic soon, and you would like to get tested, you can visit a clinic in Coventry or Leamington Spa. Your local GP/health centre may also be able to offer some testing for STIs if requested.
For more information, please contact the SU's Welfare & Campaigns Officer via firstname.lastname@example.org.