The SU organises a series of Drop-In Sexual Health Clinics each year for students, which are a free confidential drop-in service that offers testing for sexually-transmitted infections (STIs), as well as advice on sexual health matters and contraception. The clinics are held in the SU HQ building on campus, provided by Coventry Integrated Sexual Health Service (ISHS).
The date of the next drop-in sexual health clinic is 16TH JANUARY 2018.
What Do The Drop-In Sexual Health Clinics Offer?
- Tests for chlamydia and gonorrhoea (men will usually be asked to provide a urine sample, women will usually be asked to provide a lower vaginal swab).
- Tests for HIV and syphilis (blood test).
- Free contraception (incl. condoms and lubricant).
- C-Card scheme registration (access to free condoms in Coventry area)
- Discuss with a health professional any sexual health concerns.
How Do I Get My Results?
The clinic staff will take down your details and take away your samples for testing. The clinic will then text you the result of your tests within 2 weeks, regardless of whether they’re positive or negative. If you do not hear back from them after 3 weeks contact them on 0300 020 0027.
When are the Drop-In Sexual Health Clinics?
- Tuesday 7th November, Meeting Room 2 from 11am
- Tuesday 16th January, Meeting Room 2 from 11am
- Tuesday 13th March, Meeting Room 2 from 11am
- Tuesday 22nd May, Meeting Room 2 from 11am
Where Else Can I Get Tested?
If the SU isn’t running a Drop-In Sexual Health Clinic soon, and you would like to get tested, you can visit a clinic in Coventry or Leamington Spa. Your Local GP will also be able to offer some testing for STIs if requested.
For more information, please contact the SU's Welfare & Campaigns Officer via firstname.lastname@example.org.