Hardship Funds from the University

The Access to Learning Fund is available for full and part time, home undergraduates and postgraduates who are experiencing serious financial difficulty. The money is allocated on a discretionary and needs basis. Priority is given to students with dependants and students with disabilities. The fund is for living expenses and course related costs; it cannot be used to pay tuition fees.

The International Students Emergency Fund is for unexpected short term emergencies or crises when no other form of funding is available.

The International Students Childcare Fees Remission Scheme is for international and EU students. This is financial help towards childcare and is discretionary and based on need and circumstances. The childcare must be registered or approved.

Further information can be had from Student Funding at the University. The application forms are available to download on their website.

There is also a system of Emergency Loans to cover short term difficulties. The limit that can be taken out in a year is three. Visit Student Funding in University House with your University card and a mini statement or internet banking printout.

Last updated : January 2015