Making an Immigration Application to Study in the UK

There are two ways of making an application to study in the UK either abroad in your home country or in the UK.

Applying Abroad

You can make an application to come to UK to study at the British Embassy/British High Commission in your home country or in a country where you are living for more than six months (not if you are a visitor in that country). Please see the which gives you information on how to make your application and what information and documents you will need.

If you have been offered an unconditional place by the University, please also refer to the University website

Applying in the UK

You can make an application for an extension of your existing leave to remain in the UK as a student if you have been studying in the UK already. You can also make an application to switch to student category from your current immigration category, such as Tier 1 or Tier 2 migrant, prospective students. For more information on switching and how to make an application please see the

You can also refer to the UKCISA website.

Short-term Students Visa

Please see the University of Warwick website for information on coming to the UK as a student visitor.