International Students

The Student Advice Centre advises international students on a range of issues such as extension of leave, post-study work, working during your studies and Schenghen Visas. Please see our other advice pages for information on housing and academic issues.

The Students’ Union Advice Centre is authorised to provide immigration advice and services by an order made under section 84 (4) (d) of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 (The Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 (Part V Exemptions: Educational Institutions and Health Sector Bodies) Order 2001) (Statutory Instrument 2001 No. 1403)

The Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) is responsible for regulating immigration advice in the UK, under these regulations all advisors must abide by a strict code of conduct.